Lunar Lullabies from a Silver Siren

Poems, short stories, and musings from the lady known as Silver.

*77

You always sounded sad, even when you laughed. But even in its sorrow, I found it beautiful. It was the loveliness of fall leaves, the bittersweet sound of strength and loneliness. What touched my heart more than its beauty, however, was the fact that you believed that your loss was forever.

Silly little flower. All things must die to make room for the new. The seed must be destroyed in order to become more than what it is. An apple seed, so small and frail, produces a tree which produces more apples which produce more seeds.

I truly wish I could hear a pure laugh from you. I would love to see an untainted smile light up your face. If only you would shift your sight and embrace the possibilities of life instead of looking at what the past holds. Time once lost, loves grown cold, wasted potential and abandoned dreams. None of it matters, I promise you. Each time you open your eyes, I want you to focus on what you do have, not what you lack. I want you to chase after those things that are still alive - your hopes and dreams that are before you.

Live, sweet soul. I always pray that the next time I hear your voice, I can finally hear its complete and true beauty. There are moments I think I sampled it, when it spoke of the things you cherish and love. Hold on to that passion, press through to your spring, and live. If not for your own sake, then at least for mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Not Alone